Saturday, August 10, 2013

First Attempt at a Care Package

Mail to Kenya is a bit of a slow endeavor. For that reason, the volunteers usually stay in close contact so the next volunteer traveling to Hekima can bring any items over.  For that reason, I'm already preparing our empty suitcase for next year with clearance clothing items I can find at Kohl's and Target.

I did decide to send a care package today though!  Inside I have a DVD for Kate with all the photos the girls took with my phone and camera.  I also bought four sets of Now 46 and Now 47.  One set for each house!  The girls LOVED my iPhone because of the music, so I thought they would enjoy the current music found on compilation CDs!  Each house has a CD player.  I hope they enjoy!

 PS It was only $25 to mail!  SCORE!  Now let's see how long it takes to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment